About Me

My photo
I am going to be the one that will change many lives, will make a difference, and will inspire others like my life was inspired by others♥ I want to change the way people cannot get help for drug/alcohol addiction the way we should be able to get help, I want to change the way addicts think, get into the mind of an addict, and HELP them Married, and a mommy to 1.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Proud

Today I am a college graduate.
I am in tears. Tears of happiness. Tears of joy. Tears of accomplishments I have made.
I am so proud. I am so proud. I cannot say it enough I am just damn proud of myself. 
I did it! I really did it.
Yep, that is me... A.D.D. when I first started going to school my mother said to me and she was not being mean she was being very truthful. Our conversation went like this 
Mom-Abby while I know you can do this I am just afraid you will take out student loans and not finish something. Your A.D.D. gets in the way at times and you never have finished anything in your life.
Abby-I know mom I haven't but this I am going to do. I am going to finish school. I will counsel addicts. I want to be the voice of addiction. This is my passion
Mom-Okay Abby I just hope you do it this time.

The other day when my academic counselor called me and said "You did it. Your diploma will be in the mail soon" I called my mom and reminded her of that conversation she said "Abby I never meant that mean it's just the truth" I know it's so true. I have truly never in my life finished a project, or something I have started. I start a scrapbook do 2 pages and put it away. I have always been like that. I start cleaning the house and I get distracted and start doing something else and the house is dirty. It has got worse since getting older. If the t.v. is on, my husband is talking, and my son is talking my head literally cannot take it-it starts going crazy and I have to walk out. 

I truly accomplished something. I truly stuck through this and DID IT! I maintained a 3.19 GPA and now I have student loans out the ass. It doesn't matter because I will do what God has intended me to do and that is help others. Every grade card from Kindergarten to 8th grade read "Abby does not focus on herself, she focus's on others and needs to focus on herself" I have always been this way. I still am at times... that is okay God knows what He is doing. 

My mail woman knocked on my door to personally give me my diploma. We both screamed and shouted. We say hello to each other but we have never spoken in depth. She was proud, I was proud... Thank you for hand delivering this to me I appreciate it, I also did not have to walk to the mailbox even better:)

One thing I did not do was give up. Even when I took the same math class 3 times in a row I never gave up. Did I say it already because I am so proud!! 

Until Next Time.... xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Abby. I can relate to not finishing what you started that was me all my life. I am working on that. I am proud of you and you are a inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete