About Me

My photo
I am going to be the one that will change many lives, will make a difference, and will inspire others like my life was inspired by others♥ I want to change the way people cannot get help for drug/alcohol addiction the way we should be able to get help, I want to change the way addicts think, get into the mind of an addict, and HELP them Married, and a mommy to 1.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Acceptance

What does acceptance mean to you? I had a hard time accepting I was an addict... but now I am proud to say I am an addict and my life is forever changed. 

Do you feel that is why many people will not get help is because they simply cannot accept they are an addict? Does the parent, friend, brother, sister keep enabling the family member because they can accept they are addicted to alcohol or drugs?
Yes I do think so... 

My father is an alcoholic and still at 53 years old will not accept he is an alcoholic. 
It's sad. 

When you are able to admit your an addict that is when the cloudy mind becomes light. 
It really stinks that we have to wait, and wait for that one person we love so dearly to admit, and accept they are something they never wanted to be. 

I can freely say "My name is Abby I am an addict" because for the rest of my life I will be an addict it just depends on how I choose to live the rest of my life. I choose to live my life helping others to cope with their addiction. I will change lives, save lives, and hopefully make an impact. 

When we choose to accept is when we can move on with the rest of our recovery.


I will always say that Addiction is the most confusing, mind-boggling thing somebody could explain to somebody else. Agree?

Until Next Time....


No comments:

Post a Comment