About Me

My photo
I am going to be the one that will change many lives, will make a difference, and will inspire others like my life was inspired by others♥ I want to change the way people cannot get help for drug/alcohol addiction the way we should be able to get help, I want to change the way addicts think, get into the mind of an addict, and HELP them Married, and a mommy to 1.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Forgiveness and Acceptance

Lately, I have been dealing with learning to accept things, and trying to figure out how many times you can forgive one person? First, let's talk about forgiveness.
I want to share a quote with you. I read this and it makes perfect sense. For example, I can forgive my father but then again I can never forget those times he really hurt my brother and I. We all say "I'll forgive you but I will not forget what you did too me" remember saying that when you forgave your boyfriend for cheating... or the times maybe your father walked out on you... or a time your best friend betrayed you. I can remember saying that many times in my life to friends, boyfriends, especially my father. If we forgive then we must forget also, right? Burn it, throw it in the fire to never think of that moment? I am one that {sometimes} always remember the past, but have been working on accepting. The hardest part sometimes of forgiving and also forgetting is if the offense is a repetitive behavior. Sometimes I just here and think how I could forgive a person that took many years away from my mom and I... or sometimes acted like a sperm donor. I have always been a forgiving person, too forgiving... but I never forgot what that one did to me. If we forget what that one person did does that mean we could be easily fooled again? I was fooled many times in my life.. as I am sure we all have. So, how do we get past forgetting what the person did in order to forgive? In my opinion, we first need to try and work thru the steps of forgetting then work on forgiving. On www.webmd.com it says that if we forgive and forget we could lower our blood pressure, have a stronger immune system..so there are health benefits to this? Not only will the resentment, anger, hate, and bitterness go away but we will also be a healthier person.
There is always a positive. 
Now acceptance... how do we accept how others are? How do we accept the way our lives have turned out? Acceptance is one very important thing I have been working on. If somebody upsets me I have been saying that I just have to accept that individual the way they are. I cannot change them but also give them my opinion-like it or not you'll hear my opinion. 
               "Accept everything about yourself -- I mean everything, 
                         You are you and that is the beginning and the end --
                               no apologies, no regrets."
Even though I have made many mistakes, and things did not go as well as I had planned (in the end they did) I still never held regret for what I did. Everything that happened was because of my wrong doing it was a little hard to accept that I was now a felon and my behavior lead me to having a felony. Is it funny how when living that lifestyle we all feel invisible? That would be with anything... being a daring person you could be invisible to the fact that you would never get hurt. I never held regret for my behaviors but instead have grown from them. Learned that sometimes tragic things happen to make us realize... but I do accept the lifestyle I had because hopefully I can inspire other addicts to change their lives, and accept that part of their lives. Being an addict is not to have shame... because we are different.. but it is to learn the paths we took were not always that good, and we have now come to accept that. It is a process, but a healthy process. 

Until next time.... <3



No comments:

Post a Comment