About Me

My photo
I am going to be the one that will change many lives, will make a difference, and will inspire others like my life was inspired by others♥ I want to change the way people cannot get help for drug/alcohol addiction the way we should be able to get help, I want to change the way addicts think, get into the mind of an addict, and HELP them Married, and a mommy to 1.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Part II A Total Mess

        So, my cousin calls... November 3, 2007 and I am to be in court in TWO DAYS!!!! Holy cow.. what is going on? My heart is beating out of my chest, I am pregnant and scared to death  all this stress is going to make me have a miscarriage... and it is not like I can procrastinate anything because I have to fly to Ohio in 2 days to appear in court on a FELONY charge. A felony? Hell, I do not even have a seat belt violation, and now I have a felony. I'm thinking they will go light, right? I mean I am pregnant, and I have been clean for a year and a half... so, it should be all good. I call my mom and tell her the news I have just received and I honestly know we were both in shock, I was terrified to tell Gary because we had just found we have a precious baby coming, and a new relationship that is so healthy for me. All this was a blur of how people got told, and the shock we are all in. 
   My biggest thing still was trying to figure out where that kilo was that I supposedly trafficked into a different country because I still did not know where this had come from.. the more I thought about the situation and the whole charge 4th Degree Felony Trafficking in Cocaine 1,000 feet from a school-oh, so it had to have been that one time... no no no that was pot I sold... okay, so maybe it was this time that my "best-friend" from high school called me on the phone and told me she had just got done dealing with Children Services and it was her husband and her's anniversary and they just wanted to have some fun, and get high. Well I wanted to get high too... so I overcharged her, got my $ got her cocaine and that was that. However, I knew in my heart/mind that before I sold her the cocaine she had a wire on. After she left I called my friend and said "Kim just wore a wire on me" she did not believe me. *It was an eight ball I sold*
   It really went like this... She called, I agreed, she kept calling me for 2 hours every 30 minutes and that is what really caught me off guard to be honest-but I agreed because like any addict they want their fix too. She came over and we had to leave and go get it...the whole situation was just really off to me. She said it was a surprise for her husband so he dropped her off in the front of the complex and she walked over. She called me by name... so we got back and before we had got out of the car I looked at my roommate and said "I'm going to tell her to do a line with me if she does not she is wearing a wire on me" I did ask, she said no... and I still gave it to her!! 
    So, here we are... 2 days before felony court got to buy 2 plane tickets to Ohio-my mom was with me through this whole experience, as was my step-father, future husband (still not married yet), and the precious baby in my belly that had to go through all this also. My mom and I arrive in Ohio to talk to my attorney, he explains the whole process. My attorney is telling me everything.. such as you may not get to return to Florida the Judge could make you stay in Ohio until all court proceedings are over. No no no no no I told him I am getting married in ONE month, I will refuse... he said my life was now in the judicial system. The judicial system.. I mean I have always respected, honored, and been an upstanding citizen.. remember no seat belt violations is that not even enough? Obviously not... 
   We got into court... this HUGE building, a big room like you see on Law & Order a Judge's bench, witness stand, defense side, prosecuting side, juror seats...and seats in the back for all to watch this happen. This is unreal.. I had to wait for my Case # to be called 07-CR-0164 my attorney told me to plea not guilty so I did. My attorney asked that I return to Florida, that I am pregnant and whatever else... I was granted that. I was to report back to court in a month too see if I plead guilty under circumstances worked out by the Prosecutor and my attorney. 
   December 12, 2007-Back to court this was for my sentence recommendation the State (Prosecuting Attorney) and my attorney were to work out. Here are the stipulations


  • 3 years community control, if I violate 12 months prison
  • Defendant completed Talbot Hall 
  • 200 hours community service
  • No fire arms
  • Driver's license suspended
  • Pay the cost of investigation, and prosecution, jail costs, restitution, and $5 monthly for drug testing

    So, I plead guilty to my charge... I was then told to come back January 9, 2008 for my sentencing of the agreement above. I felt very confident... I can continue on with my wedding and know their is possibly no prison time sitting on the table for me. I get married to my other half, my best friend, my rock...go on our honeymoon, have Christmas... Happy New year !! Still pregnant... and back to court.
January 9, 2009- I got into court for my sentencing with $100 in my bra for good measure that my attorney said "The judge can do whatever he wants in this case he can disregard our recommendation and send you to jail and then prison I always tell my clients to put $100 wherever so when they get to jail they can put that on their books" Books? Is this bidding time? So, my mom hands me $100... and now I am seriously about to shit my pants... Walk in... Court case number 07-CR-0164 State of Ohio vs. Abby Davis here we go...
  The judge is late...? Really? OK, so he comes on the stand and I feel like at this point I am on death row waiting nervously. My court was weird because the Judge on the stand had said he HEARD I relapsed.. wait, excuse me did I hear you wrong? You "HEARD" I relapsed who the hell are you talking about MY case with was my first reaction after processing all of this stuff that just happened. I stood up and said "Your honor I have not relapsed" he then told me to sit back down (I have to tape also)... he then asks me "Ms. Davis, why has it taken you 2 years to get your G.E.D., seems we have incompetency?" My response "Your honor Math is a really hard subject for me so I got all the other subjects out of the way and have been working on my math, but am getting ready to take my G.E.D. test in April"... wait, did he just say that I was incompetent? I think he did... I was told I could say one last thing to the Judge before he handed me my ass whoopen "Your honor, I am pregnant, newly married and am a different person than I once was-I am working on my G.E.D., working full-time, this will cause me to go around the people that I have tried so hard to stay away from if you sentence me to prison"... Keep in my mind... My precious baby in my belly is going through this all with me
   Here we go... my sentence "The court finds the defendant has been convicted of Count I Trafficking in Cocaine it is ordered the defendant be placed upon Community Control for a period of three years, upon the following terms and conditions:
  • Defendant pay court costs with 365 days 
  • Perform 200 hours community service within 365 days of sentence, 20 hours a week (unless delayed due to childbirth or pregnancy)
  •  Defendant to pay all costs of investigation, and prosecution
  • Defendant is to report to Probation office following this court proceeding, and to report every 30 days 
  • Obtain and maintain employment
  • Bond released
  • Random drug tests and participate in any mental health or drug/alcohol classes provided by probation department
  • No drinking, drugs...
  • Provide DNA and fingerprints
  • $1,000.00 fine
  • Driver's license suspended
  • As an added condition of Probation the defendant should undergo an assessment with West Central Community Correctional Facility, and if defendant is admitted should return to Ohio 5 days after her doctors medical release after childbirth (remember, Im pregnant) after a time and date will be given to report to Tri-County Jail for 4 days before entering West Central Community Correctional Facility. Defendant is to reside and complete West Central Community Correctional Facility; release date is determined by West Central staff but shall not exceed 180 days. 
  • Obtain G.E.D. within 365 days from sentencing
  • Defendant to pay restitution in the amount of $180 (the same amount the girl gave me)
So, here I am... just about 4 months pregnant... going back to Florida to my new life I had created... my precious baby in my belly that has no idea his mother is going to leave just 5-6 weeks after giving birth. I am still shocked that a Judge could ever do this... my son and I now have an awkward relationship-there is no bond that a mother gets the first couple months of giving birth, his daddy and him have that... which is fine, it's great but it's still heartbreaking and sad to only be reminded everyday that our bond is nothing like it should be.... 

I give birth June 26, 2008 to a beautiful 8lb. 12 oz. 20 1/2 inches long... baby boy and we named him Sean Nicholas Beaulieu. He was perfect... chubby, but perfect... gave me a run for my money while pushing I was bargaining with the doctor about when he was going to get to vacuum his head was just like his fathers (big) haha!! On, July 25, 2008 the papers arrived... You are to report to Tri County Jail in Mechanicsburg, Ohio on August 15th for 4 days to report to West Central Community Correctional Facility on August 18th 2008. I really thought it would all go away... they would forget about sending me papers my sentencing was 6 months ago... but here they were in my hands... my baby crying in the background, Im crying.. and my husband is about to take on something he never thought would ever happen... Take care of a baby all by himself (with the help of his mom, and my mom of course)... 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... but for now it will be dark until I come back to write:)

1 comment: